We as humans are God's chosen people!

I used to be jealous that I wasn't "chosen" by God for things. I used to be jealous of Adam and Eve, of Jesus' disciples and apostles, and of the Jews (God's chosen people). Since I was none of these people, I used to feel like I wasn't chosen by God for anything.

In reality, nothing could be further from the truth. As members of the human race, all of us are chosen by God to be his people. He even sent his only Son to die for our sins on the cross! His love and his grace and mercy have been given out to us, to humans.

It doesn't matter if we do not play a role that is written in Christian history. And frankly, I know that I wouldn't have always been willing to choose to follow God in those roles even if I had had the opportunity to experience them. 

So instead of being jealous of how many things I wasn't chosen for, I now am so joyful to be a member of the human race. I'm part of God's chosen people: we all are. He wants a relationship with all of us, not just a select few. This has really changed my attitude to life, too. I'm so much happier now just to be human, alive, and on the planet. We as humans are all God's chosen people. We were all created by Him, and he has given us the gift of free will. We are His children, His people.

There is nothing for us to be jealous of. As humans, we are a fortunate species indeed to be so loved by God.

If you found this post interesting, you might also like these related posts on this blog:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Organized religion and why it is important

How we see our enemies is how God COULD see us, if He chose - but He doesn't!

Jesus saves EVERYONE who accepts him. Salvation is available for ALL HUMANS