The confusion between Sunday school and the Bible

I've noticed a disturbing trend lately where there has been a rejection of the Bible/Christianity for the reason that it does not mesh with what that person heard in Sunday School many years ago.


The Sunday School version is not incorrect, but we need to be aware that it is a simplified version of the 'real God' for a younger audience. If someone then reads the Bible later on, they (like me) will find that there is a lot more to the Bible than what one learns in Sunday School. The God of the Bible may even seem 'different' compared with what one learns in Sunday School. This is because we are more mature and are learning more of the Bible, not because religion is incorrect or inconsistent. The God that we learn of in the Bible, is, in turn, only a shadow of what we will see when we meet Him face-to-face.


When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.


1 Corinthians 13:11-12


If you found this post interesting, you might also like these related posts on this blog:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Do Atheists Shout So Loudly When They Believe the Stakes are Lower?

Organized religion and why it is important

Jesus saves EVERYONE who accepts him. Salvation is available for ALL HUMANS